JUNIOR CELEBRATION EVENINGS AND SENIOR SPEECH DAY REHEARSALS
Junior Orchestra and Little Symphony musicians will receive a schedule of rehearsals early next week. Senior Orchestra and Concert Band musicians will have a rehearsal schedule posted to them during the next two weeks.
NB. There will be a special Senior Orchestra Break-Up Tea and Rehearsal on Sunday 4 December.
5.30pm-8.30pm – Senior Orchestra
All details are in the notice and tea will be provided.
This is compulsory for all players please. So please let me know immediately if there is a problem. Many thanks to all players in all the groups for their fantastic work.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CONCERT BAND CONCERT
Last week a wonderful concert was given by our talented Middle School wind and brass players from Year 6 to Year 9 who have only been playing for a short time. Each performer played a delightful solo and it is amazing to see what results have been achieved over a short time. The performers then played together and every player must be congratulated on the high standard reached and the overall commitment which was displayed.
Sincere appreciation is extended to the over 350 students covering all year levels who have performed throughout 2016. Our musicians are at all stages of development and we thoroughly enjoy, support and appreciate every performance and appreciate also the emerging talent inherent in each performer. The audiences have also been warm and enthusiastic – many thanks to you all for your great support.
We have recently enjoyed a wonderful concert given by our Year 10 students and we congratulate every student for the professional way in which every item was presented and the amazing standard achieved. Once again we were extremely fortunate to have an enthusiastic and supportive audience.
During the holidays and throughout the term we also had magnificent recitals by our VCE Music Performance students – 30 minutes of music all played from memory. Hearty congratulations to all our VCE Music students who have worked constantly for many years to reach such a high standard.
Some of our students doing AMEB exams also gave magnificent recitals during the holidays to help prepare for upcoming exams.
We have also enjoyed amazing performances from our Year 7 students some of whom only started learning instruments recently and have made wonderful progress in such a short time. Last week, as mentioned, we enjoyed a wonderful concert given by the Middle School Concert Band and each performer played a solo item and then joined together to perform a delightful work together.
We have one final solo concert for 2016:
Little Symphony Solo Concert on Tuesday 15 November at 6pm in the Orchestral Room. We will hear more some delightful music from Years Prep, 1 and 2 orchestral players and then some wonderful items from the Little Symphony.
Please come along for a wonderful evening of entertainment.
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS AND SINCERE THANKS TO...
- The Year 7 and 8 Choir, Middle School Orchestra and Middle School Chamber Choir who performed beautifully at Orientation Day for the 2017 Year 7 students. We hope that many of the 2017 Year 7 students will join our orchestras, Concert Band and choirs next year. Special congratulations must be given to the orchestral players who demonstrated their instruments so beautifully. Much thought and preparation had gone into each demonstration.
- The Senior Orchestra, Concert Band and Middle School Orchestra who all played magnificently at the Huntingtower Fete. It was so great to be able to perform again at the fete and a large appreciative audience used the chance to have a rest from their shopping and listen to the performances.
- Sarah Aoun-Walker, Martin Grozev and Elise Rodrigo who all achieved High Distinctions in the recent AMEB exams – what a wonderful achievement!
- Eddie Chen, Marcus Loh-Ekstrand and Alice Freeman who all performed beautifully at the special afternoon tea held recently to celebrate the Rayner sisters and their amazing contribution to the performing arts in Australia.
- All the musicians in the Senior School who have demonstrated such amazing dedication throughout the entire year. We are sincerely grateful to our Year 12 musicians who have given us such wonderful music over so many years. We will miss you all very much indeed but hope that you will come back often and perform with us. A special thank-you to Mrs Lisa Sutton for the superb singing in the Senior Choir and Senior Chamber Choir.
- Every student in the Junior School for his/her wonderful contribution to the music at the two Junior Celebration evenings which will be held on Thursday 24 November and Thursday 1 December. Everyone is involved in the massed singing (as a singer or orchestral player) and the result will be electrifying. Sincere thanks to Mrs Anne Wilson for her superb work with the three Junior choirs and Junior music classes.
- The Citizenship Ensemble who performed beautifully once again for a sixth Citizenship Ceremony this year. We are extremely grateful to these musicians and their parents for their dedication to these very important events.
SENIOR HOUSE MUSIC FESTIVAL 2017
The Senior House Music Festival is held early next year so auditions for soloists will be held in the second week of Term 1 2017. Musicians are encouraged to start practising for the auditions now!!! More details about the auditions will be sent out toward the end of the holidays. All auditionees will represent their Houses and perform in solo concerts in the fourth week of Term 1.
ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED, HAVING A 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PARTY OR ORGANISING A BUSINESS DINNER?
Huntingtower musicians would be very willing to provide a small (or large) ensemble to play beautiful music in a wide variety of styles at any occasion. They have a very comprehensive "gig" folder that includes many special requests. A small fee would be charged as fundraising for the Huntingtower Instrumental Fund.
PIANO FOR SALE
An upright Beale piano in beautiful condition is available for $2,200 ONO – photos are available on request. Please contact Rosita Fernandes 0404 885 976
SENIOR SPEECH DAY
REHEARSALS – DECEMBER 2016
SUNDAY DECEMBER 4
5.30pm-8.30pm Senior Orchestra
8.30pm-9.15pm String Orchestra
"Breakup" tea provided
MONDAY DECEMBER 5 - No rehearsals
TUESDAY DECEMBER 6 PLEASE NOTE THE TIMES CAREFULLY
7.45am-8.25am String Orchestra
8.25am-9.15am Concert Band
9.15am-10.45am Senior Orchestra
11.05am-12.30pm Senior Chamber Choir (Year 12 only) and Middle School Chamber Choir
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 7
2pm-3.15pm Senior Choir
3.15pm-4.15pm Senior Chamber Choir
THURSDAY DECEMBER 8
1.15pm Concert Band
1.45pm Senior Orchestra
2.30pm Senior Choir
3.15pm Senior Chamber Choir and Middle School Chamber Choir
FRIDAY DECEMBER 9 PLEASE NOTE THE TIMES CAREFULLY
7.45am String Orchestra
8.15am Senior Orchestra
9.15am Concert Band
9.45am Senior Chamber Choir
10am "Christmas is Giving Assembly" (Middle School Chamber Choir)
SATURDAY DECEMBER 10
NB. 2pmSenior Speech Day – Robert Blackwood Hall
Senior Orchestra commences performing at 1.45pm
1.15pm Wind players
1.20pm String and percussion players
All rehearsals are COMPULSORY (for Year 12 students also) –
Many thanks for your wonderful help.